Breathing & Relaxation Workshop
In response to demand for more about "the breathing" for labour, Zana has developed this 2-hour breathing and relaxation workshop for you and your birth partner. Depending on prevailing circumstances at the time, she can deliver this workshop either in person or online.
Many apps and classes that focus on calm, relaxed breathing often assume that one size fits all. This presumption leads many people to believe that focused breathing is either a bit difficult or completely impossible and thereby increases, rather than reduces, anxiety. The last thing we want is for you to feel anxious, worried or as if you've failed before you've even begun!
When you understand the point of focused breathing for labour and birth and you've had the opportunity to practice lots of ways of approaching it, you'll find what works best for you. Then it's over to you to keep practising. We'll discuss how you can incorporate your new skills into daily life so that it becomes your new go-to skill whenever you'd benefit from feeling calmer, less anxious and more in control. Of course, it can help you manage pain better too.
Your 2-hour private, experiential breathing and relaxation workshop will cover...
- How and in what circumstances focused breathing and relaxation can help you, before, during and after birth, for you and your birth partner
- Exploration of how to focus on the breath so you instantly feel calmer
- Lots of time to experiment with different ways to focus so you find what works best for you (one size doesn't fit all)
- Linking your breath with your body to relax and release your pelvic floor and your baby!
- Breathing to reduce the pushing urge/birth your baby's head slowly and calmly
- Time for you to ask questions
We keep it simple so you don't have to learn lots of complicated breathing patterns, names, rhythms or "types".
This 2-hour workshop costs £69 for you with/without your birth partner. Zana will work with you to find a mutually convenient date and time, which can include daytimes, evenings and Saturdays.