We want you to feel better about birth
AND skilled to deal with it
We have helped thousands of new and experienced parents feel better about birth. People, just like you, who when we first talked with them said they felt any of the following:
- Scared or anxious
- Pretty confident but wanted to keep it that way!
- Unsure about their options or what they'd be "allowed" to opt for
- In denial
- Out of their depth or comfort zone
- Out of control or scared of losing control
- OK as long as they didn't think about giving birth or having a baby
The good news is, you can feel better about birth and more prepared to have a baby! It really is possible!
We know there's a huge variety of antenatal classes out there, offered by all kinds of people who are passionate about what they do. How on earth do you choose who or what to go with? How do you know what you want to get from your antenatal classes? How do you decide if you'll be a good fit for the style of classes or the class facilitator? If any of the following questions or thoughts are going through your mind, we can help...
- I don't know what I need to know; maybe anything/everything?! Or maybe less is more? Is it better to focus on breathing and relaxation, or do I need to know more about epidurals, induction and caesareans?
- Antenatal classes are all very well, but what about after the birth? What do I do with a baby?!
- I'd like to think my birth partner and I will work together as a team, but what if we feel silly, embarrassed, too far outside our comfort zone and the classes are pointless for us?
- Loads of my friends have said their birth plans "went out of the window" anyway, so there's no point preparing for any particular kind of birth.... is there?
- I've been told I'm "high risk" so I don't have any choices, so there's no point having antenatal classes, much less learning hypnobirthing.... is there?!
- If I'm planning a caesarean then what's the point of antenatal classes?
- I've had a baby before and I want to make different decisions this time round, so I want something more specific to me/our circumstances.
- I feel overwhelmed by all the choice. Sometimes I think I should book antenatal classes and other times I feel like ignorance is bliss. Help!
- I'm unsure what kind of classes are best. Do I choose antenatal classes run by health professionals or someone who is specifically trained and qualified in antenatal education (or even both)?
Before you commit to anything we want you to feel as sure as you can that by choosing private antenatal classes, a hypnobirthing course, relaxation & breathing workshops, counselling, hypnotherapy - whatever you need - that you're working with the right person for you. We appreciate that you're investing time, money and effort into our antenatal classes so we want you to feel comfortable, well looked-after, safe and respected. We want you to feel that working with us is time and money well spent. If you aren't sure about what you want or how useful it might be, please get in touch and let's have a chat. We promise we won't be pushy. We don't want to 'sell' you a course if we aren't a good fit because that's not good for either of us. Besides, we don't like pushy sales people either!
What's in it for us? Well, mainly amazing job satisfaction! And hopefully you'll feel moved to leave us some excellent reviews and tell other people about us! (for more about us go to this page.)
We can't make any unprofessional promises about birth going "to plan" on the day, or being completely pain free, but we can promise to help you feel more confident, less anxious and more skilled to cope better, whatever birth decisions you make, wherever and however your baby is born on the day.
Put another way, that means we can help whether you're planning a birth at home, in a birth centre or in hospital. We can help whether you're hoping for a straightforward 'natural' birth, if you need additional medical care and if you're planning a caesarean.
A positive birth experience can take many forms and as far as antenatal education goes, we know, through our expertise and many years of experience, that one size doesn't fit all!